Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lucky 7's

I created this blog a week ago, but this is the first chance I've actually taken the time to sit down and post. Hopefully posting will become a regular thing in the future. Today is the day of Lucky 7's! Today thousands of couples will tie the knot! I woke up this morning and couldn't help but think of 7-7-7. For some reason, I've always liked the number 7. It was the number on my sweatsuit in high school track. It's the number I've always picked to be my lucky number. When I first created a user ID for the internet, I was known as faith777_4evr (you can check out the Livejournal I have here). To me, 777 represents the opposite of 666. I am a Christian so the 777 represents my faith in Christ.


About 7 months ago, I was driving to work and thinking about getting married. I've been dating JD for almost four years. I've been married and divorced. Since I had gotten married in 1997 I thought that odd years are just not lucky for me (I got divorced in 2001). But, then I got to thinking, "hmmm...July 2007...hmmm....July 7, 2007...7/7/07"! Wow! I emailed JD and told him that I thought we needed to get married on that date. He didn't take it the wrong way, however, he didn't (and still doesn't) think we're ready! I must admit it is frustrating because we do live together, but yet he's not ready to take that next step. I'm sure I will be posting about that in the near future. Anyway, back to 7/7/07...so, I knew it pretty much wasn't going to happen on that date. And, now that there are 30,000+ couples tying the knot today, I'm glad we're not! I don't want to share my anniversary with that many people.


Recently I told JD that it would be nice to get engaged on 7/7/07. I think that pretty much went in one ear and out the other. However, he did entertain me when I said, "We can get engaged on 7/7/07 and married on 8/8/08 and have a baby on 9/9/09." He said..."well, maybe 10/10/10 for the baby thing!" Yes, I know you can't plan babies, but it was kind of funny! At least he didn't freak out when I brought up the mere idea of getting married and having a child!


So, for this being my first post on here, it's kind of lame! But, my brain is constantly running so I'm sure I'll have more "adventures" to post! I hope that 7/7/07 is a lucky day for many today!

No comments: